How to maximize muscle protein synthesis ?
Best ways to maximize your muscles with protien.
1. Consume adequate amounts of quality protein: To maximize muscle protein synthe sis, it is essential to consume high-quality protein in sufficient quantities. The recommended daily protein intake for sedentary adults is 0.8 grams per kilog ram of body weight per day. However, for individuals engaging in regular resist ance training, a range of 1.4-2.0 grams per kilogram of body weight per day is s uggested.
2. Distribute protein intake evenly throughout the day: Consuming protein-containing foods or supplements several times a day can help maintain an adequate supply of amino acids in the blood and optimize muscle protein synthesis. Aiming for a protein intake of around 20-30 grams per meal/snack is a good target.
3. Consume protein immediately after exercise: The anabolic response to resistance exercise is highest for up to 2 hours, and protein intake at or close to the workout is an effective way to maximize muscle protein synthesis. Aim to consume protein or protein/scientifically blended supplements that have been shown to be effective at increasing muscle protein synthesis, such as whey or casein, as soon as reasonably possible following your workout.
4. Ensure adequate total energy intake: Consuming sufficient total energy, including carbohydrates, fats, and protein, is vital for optimizing muscle protein synthesis. If you are consuming insufficient calories or are significantly restricting carbohydrate or fat intake, achieving optimal muscle protein synthesis may be challenging.
. Combine protein with carbohydrates: The co-ingestion of carbohydrates and protein, either through food or with a supplement such as a sports drink, has been shown to enhance muscle protein synthesis by increasing insulin secretion and muscle glycogen synthesis.
6. Exercise regularly: Resistance training itself is a strong stimulus for muscle protein synthesis. Incorporating regular exercise into your routine will help enhance the sensitivity of skeletal muscle to amino acid availability and increase overall muscle protein synthesis rates. Remember, your good dietary and exercise intentions will run a lot smoother if they are part of your routine. Plan well, and stick to your plan, and over time you will start to see improvements in your muscle mass and physique that you have been striving for!